MASTER LEVEL MODULE
Nutrition and Human Rights
This 10-ECTS elective master level course will take place in Oslo, Norway, from 6 January to 12 February 2015 (6 weeks). The course is run by the Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences (HiOA), in collaboration with the Department of Nutrition and the Norwegian Centre for Human Rights, both at the University of Oslo (UiO).
- Historical background, conceptual and institutional basis for human rights.
- The right to adequate food and nutritional health.
- The structure and function of the international human rights system.
- The politics of human rights.
- Implementation of the human right to adequate food and related rights.
The course is open to students from different backgrounds, including nutrition, health sciences, environmental studies, development studies, agriculture/food production, law, political science, anthropology, sociology and interdisciplinary master programmes involving any of these subject areas.
Deadline for application
20 December 2014
The course costs 730 Norwegian Kroner (83 Euro) for national and international students that are not currently enrolled at HiOA.
- Group assignment with an oral presentation.
- Attendance at most sessions (maximum number of absences: three).
- Written exam in English, individual, 4 hours. A graded scale from A to F, (F= fail). The exam will take place on 12 February 2015.
Professor Bård Anders Andreassen, Norwegian Centre for Human Rights/UiO
Professor Emeritus Asbjørn Eide, Norwegian Centre for Human Rights/UiO
Professor Emerita Wenche Barth Eide, Department of Nutrition /UiO
Professor Liv Elin Torheim, Department of Health, Nutrition and Management, HiOA
Teaching and working methods
Training/learning includes lectures, seminars and interactive group work and discussions. The course sets special demands to independent reading and critical use of internet. The core staff will be supplemented with external lecturers.
For more information, visit the course page: http://www.hioa.no/Studier-og-kurs/HF/Master/samfunnsernaring/MAME4530-Ernaering-og-menneskerettigheter
MORE INFORMATION (PDF)